Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update on Meranti Project

Meranti Project was really great! Even though I was absent for church service for 2 weekends, but nonetheless God has used this Meranti Project to teach me things about myself.

First Weekend... We talked about stuffs like racism, stereotying, etc. Then I realised that indeed these are things that are natural to our basic survival instinct. Human beings clssify each other and stay with those in the same category for survival. Think that's something that I need to work on to be a better person. Should try not to stereotype people for their skin colour and looks.

Second Weekend... Talked about inspiring teachers. And we managed to have 2 teachers coming down to have a conversation with us. After the conversation, I realise that I've been taking things too hard and personally with people I've worked with. Especially with youths... sometimes I tend to be impatient with them and myself. And also sometimes I take responsibility for their life. Now, I know that I all I need is to give my best, and then leave the choice up to them.

It was a really great Project... I'll give it 9/10!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home