Thursday, September 14, 2006

The anger of the Lord will last for only a moment, but his favour lasts a lifetime

"Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favour lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning."
- Psalm 30:4-5

Came across this verse when I realise that I have been experiencing of what God felt as described by David when he wrote this psalm.

For the past few weeks, I've been doing a lot of scoldings. I hope that those who know me know that I am by nature very gentle and mild-mannered one. But I realised that to manage a class (especially when you are doing relief), it helps to be very fierce. And being fierce involves scolding.

But I must really thank God that so far, every time I scold a student or do some funny things to them, I'm not angry at all. I might be shouting and looking very angry, but my mind is always very clear.

And so, one moment I might be scolding my students, by a few minutes later I can actually laugh at some silly jokes.

Anyway... teaching is good so far. Really enjoying my time in Dunearn Secondary School! Love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home