Sunday, April 24, 2005

Frustration

I believe that everyone has their own share of problems and frustration. And what do people do when they are frustrated? Some will scream their lungs out. Some will gorge on food. Some will try to hurt others. Some will even try to end their life to stop all these misery and frustration.

Screaming... not my type of reaction. I'll normally try to gorge on food. The old me would even try to raise my voice at someone... or even contemplate suicide. Doesn't mean that the "new" me wouldn't do that. But those scary thoughts just seem further and further away.

Why?

For one, I believe that God has placed wonderful people in my life. And when I say this, I don't refer to my church friends only. I refer to anyone who would show care and concern to me. Anyone who's willing to listen to me and share their life with me. Anyone who's willing to hear my dark secrets and still accept me for who I am. And I thank God for these wonderful people whom He had placed in my life.

And it brought me to a point where I realized the importance of listening. Was reading this book, "Listening To Others" by Joyce Hugget where she say that it's not just enough to listen and sympathize to someone. But we have to be like Jesus... to listen and empathize and to have compassion with them. To laugh with them and to wept with them. To be able to connect with them.

People are frustrated and people are looking for a channel to be heard, a channel where their feelings could be understood. But often, people choose the wrong solution and the wrong channel. I don't mean I'm more perfect than others, and often I still choose the wrong solution to my problems, and ended up hurting more than before. But life is a journy and I believe that God will be holding onto my hand even as I fumble and fall at times.

Lastly, just want to quote from a friend who's working as a social worker, "When things go wrong, it doesn't help to focus on the problem. Try to focus on the solution instead. And Jesus is the Perfect solution."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home