Sunday, May 15, 2005

Encounter Weekend (13 -15 May)

To start, I approach this Encounter Weekend with a lot of fear and trembling. First of all, this is my first time as a guide for the participants. Secondly, there are 7 people placed under my care officially. Unofficially 10 cause Gam didn't sign up and YeeKiat and Guoyong were in this Encounter also. But logically 4 cause Leslie is here to accompany Zhiwei, Gam is here to accompany Brian and YK and GY are taken care of by Kalai.

There was lot of pressure as I roughly know Leslie in my group. The rest of the people... never really know who they are. Also because there is a 30 year old guy(Edmund) "under" me. But thank God I was in Penang from Monday night to Thursday morning and so didn't have much time to worry and stress myself out in this week.

Friday came and there I was at the Encounter. And at first, it was really stressful cause it's very uncomfortable to be looking after 10 people and at the same time, knowing that there are people in my group who are more experienced than me. But thank God that Leslie and Gam gave me a lot of encouragement and support. Also thank God that Zhongyu was around with me, talking to me and helping me to see the picture better.

After a while, I came to terms that I had to stop focusing on my limitations and weakness and just allow God to come and work in me and through me in this encounter. And indeed God came powerfully in this Encounter. Even on the first session on the Father's love on Sat morning, God came powerfully and a lot of people were brought to tears during ministry time.

Shall skipped the rest of the stuffs cause I think I can just go on days and nights...

Just want to thank God for what He has done in my life even as I look back at this Encounter. Just to list a few of them:-

1. Thank God that at the end of the Encounter, I've known the guys placed under my charge more. Even though I did not have the time to build deeper relationships with all of them, I know that God has placed a love for them in my heart. I'm still missing them now and looking forward to the day where we'll all be together worshipping God in heaven.

2. Frankly speaking... I was more of in a daze throughout the encounter. But thank God that he has used me to release his love and words to his people. I'm a man of few words in prayers, but when I start to minister to his people, I'm just simply amazed at all the words that has come out of my mouth. And I'm really amazed at what God has done through me.

3. God has taught me a lessons on authority. Guess that I need to learn to take up authority over certain issues and stop letting certain things go their way.

4. God once again reminded me not to be distracted by the signs and wonders. Cause it's still our lives that he's looking at. It's more important that He wants our lives changed than to experience all the "lightning and thunder and columns of fires" that comes with His power.

Lastly, just want to thank God once again that I was given the privilege to come to this Encounter to be used by Him and to learn to be a more useful person for Jesus.

(P.S. Wenguang... dun be stressed if you're reading this. Will certainly share with you my penang experience. Won't share with you what you don't want to hear unless u want to. Hope to have the dvd session with you soon!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home