Saturday, April 30, 2005

Precious Gifts

Recently there's a new guy in church. Don't know how to explain it but there's something about him that really brings joy to the people around him. I guess it's his confidence, openness and sincerity that's at work. But at the same time, can also see his simple and hungry heart for God.

He's a new believer, but the way he's so on fire for God really puts me to shame.

Anyway, he's "without" a spiritual father for the time being. And some of us are really interested and hoping that we can be the one God has appointed to take care of his spiritual growth. I guess that in one way or another, all of us can see that he is a precious gift from God to our family. Just as He has given us so many precious gifts (people like William, Jiajin... ... ), God is so good as too add to our family another precious gift.

But what defines a special gift? Someone who has blessed our heart? Or someone who's hassle-free? What if there is this guy who brings you a lot of headache and heartache?

I believe we're all precious to God. Despite our big problems, and all the times that we have choosen to run away from God, we're still precious in God's eyes. Yar... I guess I have the answer. Even those who give you lots of headache and heartache are still precious gifts from God. We just have to learn to peel off the wrapper gently and carefully so that the gift will be revealed and truly precious to us.

After God has spoken this truth to me, I then realised how bad I am. God has given me Jesus and Jesus has given me his life on the Cross. Yet, at times, I still choose to ignore God and dileberately sin. This is simply an act of trampling on God's precious gift to me. But God is gracious and I know he's holding my hand and teaching me to walk with him step by step.

For those of you who are reading this post. Hope that you are truly blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home